[xubuntu-users] [Xubuntu 6.10] wifi not detected after boot

Chris Henderson henders254 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:54:37 UTC 2007

On 3/16/07, Adam Miller <maxamillion at gmail.com> wrote:
> When you say "detected" do you mean that it functioned or just that the
> system saw it?

Yes, the system saw it and it properly functioned; it connected to the
Internet using the wifi and downloaded stuff during installation. And
I have not changed the wifi card or laptop or anything like that ever
since; everything is same as it was during installation.

> do a "lspci | grep D-Link" in a Terminal window (without the quotes of
> course) and then post the result of that command in an email back to me I
> might be able to get your wifi up and running rather painlessly.

There is no "D-Link" output as such. But here is the wifi bit from the
lspci output:

02:02.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212
802.11abg NIC (rev 01)
02:03.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
02:04.0 CardBus bridge: ENE Technology Inc CB1410 Cardbus Controller (rev 01)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5005G
802.11abg NIC (rev 01)

During installation my wifi was detected as "ath1"

Thanks for your help.