[xubuntu-users] [Xubuntu 6.10] wifi not detected after boot

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 19:05:31 UTC 2007

When you say "detected" do you mean that it functioned or just that the
system saw it?

Here is the wiki page with information about D-Link wifi cards and there is
apparently two different revisions of your card both with different
chipsets.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCardsDlink

do a "lspci | grep D-Link" in a Terminal window (without the quotes of
course) and then post the result of that command in an email back to me I
might be able to get your wifi up and running rather painlessly.

-Adam

On 3/16/07, Chris Henderson <henders254 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/16/07, Adam Miller <maxamillion at gmail.com> wrote:
> > do you know the chipset of the wifi card?
>
> It's a DLink DWL Air plus G-630. The weird thing is the wifi is
> detected during installation and also when I boot off the live CD.

-=:max:=-