[xubuntu-users] Updates to Xubuntu testing

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 04:42:28 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I was able to obtain more information about reporting Xubuntu ISO tests.

Basically, the ISO test tracking
bugs<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-iso-tests/+bugs>are only being
used to do final checks prior to releasing the milestone
releases, and new test tracking bugs aren't being posted every day.  These
"testing bugs" will be used to report the general good/bad results just
prior to our milestones.

What this means for now is that, if you're installing a regular nightly
image and something fails, you should file an actual bug report to identify
the specific item that failed.  If partitioning fails, and and you don't
find a preexisting bug for your problem - you can file a partitioning bug.
If hardware detection fails, follow the procedures to file a bug report
about hardware detection.

As we approach the release of our first Beta (soon!  :), the developers will
create new ISO "testing tracking bugs" for the different beta candidates.
When that happens we can go back to reporting "hey - i did the short install
test, and it went ok!" or "during the long install test, partitioning
crashed."  If we test those beta candidates, and we report that things are
going well, those candidates will get released as the betas.  :-)

I'll be sure to announce when the milestone dates approach and new ISO "test
tracking bugs" have been opened.  If you have any questions about this, just
let me know.  Thanks, everyone!

Jim

jwcampbell at gmail.com