[xubuntu-users] Nvidia MX2 400 supported in "normal" and "legacy" driver?

Christian SCHWARZ christian.schwarz at st.com
Fri Mar 9 09:01:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

I feature a PC with an Nvidia MX2 400 card, and when installing Beryl I
encountered severe problems with my Xserver (following the description
and using the beryl-install script).
After some support lookup I found the problem to be that the MX2 400
happened to just have been swept into the legacy driver, which then
broke my X-server.
Nvidia now released a new driver revision and I find the MX2 400 listed
in _both_ drivers, normal and legacy
(http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html and
http://www.nvidia.com/object/1.0-7184_supported_products.html,
respectively).
Does it mean, it might work now with the current drivers? Does anyone
have experience with this? Btw, I don't have any problem running the Xgl
server, I am not sure if this is related though.

cheers,
Christian