[xubuntu-users] Newbie Question

João Santiago exalowprofile at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:48:34 UTC 2007

Hi and congrats on "converting" your mother!
Xubuntu is basically the same as Ubuntu but, instead of using the Gnome
desktop, it uses XFCE, which is a lighter desktop environment, aimed at
low-end or old computers. I use Ubuntu on my AMD64 and Xubuntu on my old
PIII.

It comes with almost the same basic app set as Ubuntu (it doesn't come with
OpenOffice and some more extras, but you can always download them later on
if needed), that means you will be able to browse the internet (it comes
with FireFox, but I recommend using Epiphany - it's lighter and thus faster)
read your email, manipulating your photos, etc. All with a graphical user
interface.

Any questions just ask!,
Santiago