[xubuntu-users] Chandler on XU?

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 03:02:22 UTC 2007

Ximian Evolution is a full mail, contacts, calendar, notes, & task
suite.  It's the default mail app in regular ubuntu.

If you already have a mail app, Evolution is probably overkill, though I
think it uses the ical calendaring format.  I've seen on the intarwebs
about people syncing it (read only) with their google calendar.  (That
is, they can view their google calendar appointments via their desktop
app.)

All that being said, the calendar portion looks to be pretty complete.
It looks to be very comparable to Outlook's calendar functionality.
Sunbird is still at 0.3, which probably means that you'd be risking data
loss if you were to use it as your main calendar app.

Sorry I can't think of any more calendaring apps.  Surely there must be
something else out there . . .

Jim