[xubuntu-users] Okay, another set up questions

Radomir Dopieralski xubuntu at sheep.art.pl
Sun Jan 28 07:23:38 UTC 2007

Dnia Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 10:52:13PM -0700, napisale(a)s:
> Hey all,
>
> As I get Xu more set up to my liking, I'm now
> getting down to the nit-picky to see just how close
> to perfection I can get this thing, and right now
> it's getting quite close.
>
> Is there a way to set the workspaces so they do not
> show the little boxes, etc, representations of the
> applications opened in them? I ask because with
> three or four open in each workspace the clutter in
> the workspace icons makes it hard to see which one
> you are really in.
>
> What would be ideal, IMHO, at least for me, would be
> to have the workspace icons with just numbers in
> them, and a blue background (or any color) to show
> which one was currently active, which one your were
> currently in.
>
> Is this doable?

I know that there was a plugin that looked like that, it
might still work, I think it was called workspace switcher.

You can also use the window list applet or middle-click on
the dekstop (or use your scrollwheel on it) to switch
workspaces -- justa remark (I love the scrollwheel thing).

As for exact looks of the switcher -- you can surely tweak
it with the gtk theme. I've heard that it's not perfect yet,
as not all the widgets are named, but it's worth a try.

There is a tutorial on gtk theming on art.gnome.org.

--
Radomir `The Sheep' Dopieralski
ANSWERS may be hazardous to your Uncertainty. Danger!