[xubuntu-users] Switching workspace with Alt-Function keys?

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Sun Jan 28 05:31:14 UTC 2007

Okay, I found the doc on this and see that you type
your shortcut when the window pop ups and asks you
to compose it.

I didn't realize it was then you simply composed
your shortcut as it recorded your key strokes.

I did a lot of acid in the 60s, folks, and I was
only 5 in the 60s! (Just kidding)

Anyway, I am totally loving Xubuntu. The OS is fast
and responsive on our workstations, and the desktop
is the best I've seen!

By tomorrow we'll have all our machines on it!

I'm going to put it in my signature!

"Get Xubuntu or we'll egg your house!"

Skip

Skip Evans wrote:
> Boy, I hate to look stupid, but I don't understand
> that interface at all. I went to the ...Settings >
> Keyboard window, and it shows:
>
> Workspace 1	Control-F1
>
> But I can't figure out how to edit that to
>
> Workspace 1	Alt-F1
>
> I tried hitting the add button, but then it adds one
> in that left hand column, but doesn't ask what to
> tie it to.
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> It's quite baffling.
>
> Skip
>
> Joshua Gardner wrote:
>> It's Ctrl-F1-4 instead of Alt, is all.
>>
>> On 1/27/07, *Cody A.W. Somerville* <cody-somerville at ubuntu.com
>> <mailto:cody-somerville at ubuntu.com> > wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Skip,
>>
>>       Trying taking a look at Applications > Settings > Windows Manager
>>     Settings > Keyboard
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>
>>     Cody A.W. Somerville
>>

>>     On 1/27/07, * Skip Evans* <skip at bigskypenguin.com
>>     <mailto:skip at bigskypenguin.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hey all,
>>
>>         I am very used to my previous install of
>>         Debian/Fluxbox that let me switch workspaces by
>>         hitting Alt-F1-5 for the first through fifth
>>         workspace I had configured.
>>
>>         So used to it that I miss it *sigh*. Can I configure
>>         these as shortcuts in Xu? If so, how? I tried this
>>         with the shortcut buttons in settings, but couldn't
>>         see a way to do it.
>>         --
>>         Skip Evans
>>         Big Sky Penguin, LLC
>>         61 W Broadway
>>         Butte, Montana 59701
>>         406-782-2240
>>
>>         =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>>
>>         Check out PHPenguin, a lightweight and versatile
>>         PHP/MySQL development framework.
>>
>>         http://phpenguin.bigskypenguin.com
>>         <http://phpenguin.bigskypenguin.com>
>>
>>         --