[xubuntu-users] Getting ready to load Xubuntu

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 23:26:02 UTC 2007

If your hardware is supported under debian as of now, installation will be
as easy as boot live cd, double click install icon .... click "next" button
a couple times, enter name and password, edit paritions (or accept auto
partitioner scheme), click "install" button .... get coffee (or other
preferred beverage) and reboot

only thing i watch out for is sometimes the video card isn't detected
flawlessly, but i have noticed this to be true in debian also, so i don't
think any surprises should come up.

-Adam

On 1/24/07, Skip Evans <skip at bigskypenguin.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> We're a PHP/MySQL shop using Debian/Fluxbox on our
> workstations and we're taking a look at Xubuntu.
>
> I like the idea of a lighter desktop than Gnome or
> KDE and since I haven't had my head in the sand
> for the last year I know about Ubuntu's rave
> reviews and am anxious to check it out.
>
> Do I understand correctly that Xubuntu comes on a
> live CD with the option to "install do HD" kind of
> thing?
>
> What tips would anyone have for someone installing
> Xu for the first time? Any configuration issues to
> watch for?
>
> Remember, we're developers here who dabble in sys
> admin. We're not pro sys admins, but we're not
> exactly newbies either.
>
> Thanks for whoever set up this list. Capital idea!
> --
> Skip Evans
> Big Sky Penguin, LLC
> 61 W Broadway