[xubuntu-users] Ease of use

Charles Griffin crgriffin3 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 03:42:26 UTC 2007

I am new to the group, and I apologize in advance for my lack of xubuntu
understanding.  I installed the newest version on a Toshiba Satellite Pro
laptop 440CDX.  There is very little there to see!  My basic question is
this:
Is Xubuntu used mostly by experienced users that are willing to wonder how
to run a browser from the command line?!  and the need to install a separate
calculator program?! (Absolutely no offense to either of those
individuals).  I mean, I was looking for a full function OS such as Linux,
however one that would run well on a lower-end machine such as my old laptop
(Win98 previously).  While I certainly enjoy the challenge of 'making
everythink work' that was not what I was looking for in this OS.  Again, no
offense to anyone, but trying to figure things out.  Alrightl, all, educate
me!

Rob