[xubuntu-users] Xu vs. 486DX2

jbrice at netscape.net jbrice at netscape.net
Wed Feb 21 15:22:36 UTC 2007

> From: michael at michaelshiloh.com

> I think DSL uses a 2.4 kernel to save space. Don't know how you feel
> about it, but I wasn't interested in going there.

They still make new versions of both the 2.2 and 2.4 kernels and those
kernels simply support old hardware better for understandable reasons.

> Puppy has very good reviews, although I wasn't able to get it running
> on my
> 486. Could well be my error, not a fault of puppy or the computer.

The latest versions of puppy require ideally a pentium II according to
the system requirements.

--

Brian (not wanting to be a messiah): "You are all individuals..."
Crowd (in unison): "We are all individuals..."

http://www.spampoison.com
http://www.lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/spam/trap.html