[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu Feisty - Herd 3 install question

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 06:01:12 UTC 2007

I brought up the matter once again on #xubuntu, and PuMpErNiCkLe gave me
some more detail on this.  I guess that Ubuntu is moving towards SCSI
emulation (?) with their drive setup scheme now (??), and that this was - in
fact - a feature.

I checked with a few other people on IRC - members of my GLUG here in
Chicago - and they thought this made sense.  They also said that I couldn't
muck up my drives by giving this a try.

I used the alternate install cd, and other than the long wait times to do
stuff like start up the partitioner and detect the hardware (known bugs at
this point . . . ), the installation went just fine.

jwcampbell at gmail.com