[xubuntu-users] is it possible to control mouse via keyboard?

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Sun Feb 4 03:25:36 UTC 2007

I understand.  I'm writing this on a T23 running Xubuntu.  I hope you
find the adjustments you're looking for.  Meanwhile, just in case you
haven't adjusted trackpoint sensitivity and enabled trackpoint
scrolling (I went a long time without doing that and now wonder how I
ever managed) you might want to visit:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_the_TrackPoint.  It's
well worth the effort.  You can cut down on the amount of effort
required to move the cursor using the trackpoint and thus radically
reduce the strain on your fingers. Scrolling using the trackpoint and
the third mouse button is so useful I suspect that you won't want to
give it up. They don't make the trackpoint perfect but implementing
these two adjustments go a long way to making the trackpoint very
useful, you might even give up an external mouse.

Okay, back to keyboard controls for the cursor. . . .   ;-)  John