[xubuntu-users] Force XU Edgy Desktop install to use 2.4 kernel?

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 16:08:03 UTC 2007

In the boot options there should be a option at the bottom to hit "F1-F6"
(if i remember correctly) to see which one will boot to it, but I think the
option should be something like "boot linux24" (if the option exists) and
worst case scenario I would say you should install debian sarge because that
is still a 2.4 kernel by default (I ended up doing that for an older laptop
I was given for free) and it works like a charm.

Hope this helps.

-Adam

On 2/2/07, John Shane <jslists at mtwafrica.org> wrote:

> Thanks Adam.  I pulled out my Dapper alternate disk and tried all the
> installation options including "Rescue a broken system" but did not
> see a place where I could select a 2.4 kernel.  Is it there and I'm
> just missing it?  John
>
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:58:14 -0600
> "Adam Miller" <maxamillion at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ubuntu stopped support of the 2.4 kernel after Dapper. To my
> > knowledge there should be a way to boot to the 2.4 kernel on the
> > alternate installation image of Dapper (6.06).
> >
> > -Adam

-=:Max:=-
--OpenPGP key: 5DBFA065--