[xubuntu-users] A great idea to talk about

João Santiago exalowprofile at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 07:11:56 UTC 2007

I also agree with this!
When I first tried Linux a few months ago I didn't know what was a Window
Manager nor a Desktop Environment, so things like GNOME, KDE and XCFE were
just a bunch of acronyms to me and just made me confused on which to choose.

If the distro was unified (and some sort of explanation on what a desktop
environment is was placed somewhere reachable for a newbie) it would be
simpler for newcomers to choose the variant they want.