[xubuntu-users] Application button vanished

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:28:02 UTC 2007

Hi Skip,

What version of Xubuntu is on the machine?  I occasionally had this problem
with earlier versions of Xubuntu Feisty Fawn, but haven't had it in a long
while.

As a temporary fix, try right-clicking on the Xfce-panel, and selecting Add
Item (I think that's the name for it).  Then select Xfce-Menu from the
list.  You may then have to move the item to the appropriate place on the
panel, but at least it will be there.

That doesn't explain why it disappeared in the first place, but it should
help get it back in a pinch.