[xubuntu-users] Application button vanished

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Wed Apr 18 15:19:05 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I donated an Xu machine to a local coffee shop and
they've been real happy with how easy it is to
use, despite being told by a couple of regulars
Linux is only for those egg-headed system
administrator types.

However, they called yesterday and it appears that
the Applications button in the top left has gone
missing!

They can only open Firefox from there, and even
right-clicking on the desktop does not bring up
the usual applications menu.

How can I get it back?

I suppose I'll have to reboot in a single user
mode and then find the config for it? Right now
there is not even any way to open a shell.

<homestarrunner>
Okay, that's wee-ud.
</homestarrunner>

Thanks!