[xubuntu-users] Partition mount icons

Bruno Cezar Rocha brunometal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 17:28:52 UTC 2007

I had the same problem..

I did the following..

First i needed to disable the Xfce Mounting System ( because i'm using
gnone-mount)

>>settings >> settings manager >> file system >> advanced

or  in Thunar  Edit >> preferences >> advanced

Enable Volume manager ( let disabled)  , cause you're using the gnome system
and not the Thunar system .

Reinstallthe gnome-mount  sudo "apt-get install gnome-mount"

I guess you you need to install Pmount package  "sudo apt-get install
pmount"

Now you need to configure the gnome-mount

alt+F2 and run

gnome-volume-properties

After that , All Volumes Mounting and running well !!

NOte one thing :  The Partition could not be NTFS !

I Hope that works for you as it works for me !

**** Sorry my Ugly and bad English I Am brazilian and i'm learning to speak
english as i can !

2007/4/8, Joachim Ziegler <codingstone at codingstone.de>:

> Since 2 or 3 days, I have new icons on my desktop showing a hard drive
> and being named such as "3G disk", "6G disk", ans "WIN_SYS". When I
> click them, I get the message
>
> "could not mount 3G disk. child process gnome-mount could not be
> executed (no such file or directory)."
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of these icons?
>
> Greetings,
> J.

Bruno Cezar Rocha
www.mercadovegan.com