Question / Idea of using Xubuntu on a notebook computer

notebook notebook22312 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 11:40:26 UTC 2021

Hi

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. In case you don't find anything, you could use this shell script, that I'm using:

-----------
scriptfilePath="$(readlink -f $0)"
workingDir=$(dirname "${scriptfilePath}")
toggleFile=$workingDir"/toggleIndicator"

if [ ! -f $toggleFile ]; then
     xinput --enable "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
     echo "1" > $toggleFile
else
     xinput --disable "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
     rm $toggleFile
fi

Take a look at the two `xinput` commands. You need to find out, how your stick and touchpad are called (use `xinput --list`) and replace the names with the names on your computer.

I put the script as ~/.config/touchpad/touchpadToggle.sh and mark it as executable (right click-> properties -> permission -> checkbox on bottom)

I then set a command in `Keyboard` (Mouse Menu -> Keyboard -> "Application Shortcuts"):
/bin/sh /home/[YOUR_USERNAME]/.config/touchpad/touchpadToggle.sh
I'm using Shift+Ctrl+Space as Shortcut.

Regards
Chris