[Team Vote] Panel changes

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sat Jul 31 14:12:52 UTC 2021

Greetings Yousuf,

Yousuf Philips wrote:

> There are 2 additional changes that I want to make to the panel other than the addition of the clipman plugin, which are:
>
> 1. Increase panel size to 32px (https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2019-July/011825.html, https://github.com/Xubuntu/xubuntu-default-settings/pull/16)

 From the linked page...

> My suggestion is to increase it to 28px which is the lowest even number
> from the sizes listed above and would allow 24px icons to appear in the
> panel with 2px padding above and below. It is the default I use both on my
> 1366x768 laptop and 1440x900 desktop. Alternatively we can go up one or two
> notches to 30px or 32px to have even more padding and improving the panel's
> visibility at 1080p and higher.

So I tried out 28px... that seems huge compared to the default 24px.

"Fine, if you must." I will be setting my top panel manually back to 24px.

And I run at screen resolution 2560 x 1440.

I like lots packed onto my screen.

> 2. Add Firefox and Thunar pinned launchers

Does not bother me either.... I will keep on manually setting the launchers as I like them.

I am thankful,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems