Docs Meeting Update

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Fri May 15 12:55:53 UTC 2020

I disagree with this sentiment.

For example, somebody from Colombia (where Spanish is the official
language) is less likely to think the Spanish flag represents their
language than us non-Spanish speakers who are not from Colombia.

When you switch it the other way around, it doesn't get much better:
Finnish, my native language, is hardly spoken anywhere else than in
Finland, so theoretically the Finnish flag could be seen as a
representative of the language. However, it is not, and I do not
consider the Finnish flag to be representative of the Finnish language;
using the native form "suomi" (note: languages are not capitalized in
Finnish; "Suomi" is the name of our country) is way more representative.

Cheers,
Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)         › https://open.knome.fi/