Docs Update: May 10th Meeting

Yousuf Philips ypharis at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:48:45 UTC 2020

Hi Team,

We had a meeting on Sunday with Sean, Stephen, and I attended, where we
discussed the google doc of the homepage of the docs[1]. Here are some
points discussed during the meeting.

* We decided to sort the language names similar to Mozilla, which is based
on the English version of the language name, though it will display the
localized name
* The languages will be in a list, which can be changed with CSS to a
different layout
* Use of flags has been differed
* When asking the community to translate, give an extra push for countries
where English isn't highly used, like for example in Japan and Indonesia

This week the docs team will be working on the Table of Contents page[2] in
this google doc[3], which we hope to meet this Saturday, May 16th, at 3pm
UTC to finalize. All are welcome to give comments and edits in the
document, as well as join the docs telegram group[4].

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Aj_Wdj9Uq62Ju0bvjhz15NVdaI_SaAMo8xqdU9s67YE/edit#
[2] https://docs.xubuntu.org/2004/user/C/index.html
[3]