Setting up bridged telegram groups

Yousuf Philips ypharis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:40:18 UTC 2020

Hi Team,

Similar to other flavors like kubuntu and lubuntu, I believe that we can
increase our user base's involvement in the community if we branch out
beyond just IRC to provide live chat. Telegram is the new platform that
many in the linux community have adopted for providing live chat and in
order to ensure that the platforms aren't isolated, a bridge can be
installed to handle this.

Speaking to pleia2 about this on IRC, she suggested that dev.xubuntu.org
could be used if we have at least 2 systems admins to volunteer to be on
call for it, in case it dies. So i'm looking for volunteers to assist with
this.

One of these bridges was setup by popey for the testers week with the
#ubuntu-quality irc channel, which he did using <
https://snapcraft.io/matterbridge >, and the Ubuntu Testers telegram group
i setup. I would like to setup two telegram groups with bridges with the
#xubuntu and #xubuntu-devel channels.

Regards,
Yousuf