A couple of first questions as I begin beta testing Xubuntu 20.04

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Jan 30 16:37:46 UTC 2020

Greetings Xubuntu team,

I missed LTS upgrading last time... I write to you still successfully using Xubuntu 16.04.

I have loaded a test machine with Xubuntu 20.04... at this point that will be my next upgrade.

Do you happen to know the photo location of the wallpaper of a railroad bridge? I happen to be a railfan.

So the reason I originally switched from Ubuntu to Xubuntu is that Ubuntu tried their Unity stunt... I like it when it had Gnome 2. Since Unity had been discontinued... is there a way I could from my
Xubuntu installation add a package to get a look at the current state of straight up Ubuntu... have some sort of desktop environment picker on the login screen?

I am thankful,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems