xubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 182, Issue 5: Xubuntu on Pinebook Pro looking good but needs access to internet

Stephen Kellat alpacaherder at live.com
Wed Dec 9 16:20:14 UTC 2020

Joel,

A big problem is that the image posted to GitHub wasn’t made by us.  I don’t have a Pinebook to test it on to see what was done under the hood to see how far it diverges from what was actually released officially as ”Ubuntu” and its flavors.  As far as I can tell from digging around it diverges quite a bit.  Use of systemd idioms in the default configuration where Ubuntu doesn’t expect systemd apparently can lead to problems.

You’ll need to contact the originator of that particular downstream derivative for support.  Their profile on GitHub can be found here: https://github.com/ayufan

Stephen Michael Kellat