New Keyboard Shortcuts for Xubuntu

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Sat Jun 15 15:16:45 UTC 2019

On 15.6.2019 4.11, Sean Davis wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> During today's Xubuntu community meeting, we discussed the potential
> of shipping some new keyboard shortcuts in Xubuntu. I proposed the
> following shortcuts found in other DEs and OSes.
>
> Super+D: Show Desktop
> Super+L: Lock Screen

As I mentioned, I think these are sane and should be added.

> Spass also recommended Super+Space to display the applications menu.
> This one is found in elementary OS, and possibly other desktops as well.

I've heard many people say the ideal situation would be to bind just the
Super key to the menu, but unfortunately this is not possible tecnically
(at least at the moment). This leads us to the question: do we add the
Super+Space combo just to have "something" to open the menu and end up
with a suboptimal combo – potentially leading to frustration?

> Team, what do you think? Should we proceed with adding the first two
> shortcuts? Super+Space? Others? Discuss it here.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Sean Davis (bluesabre)
> Xubuntu Technical Lead