VLC should be default media player on Xubuntu

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Fri Jul 19 15:20:23 UTC 2019

Hello Joel,

"Parole never works" is not very good argumenting. What in it does not work?

VLC uses Qt as its toolkit so including it as the default player would
bring in a lot of extra dependencies (literally, another toolkit), so
it's out of question.

Additionally, Parole works for all of my purposes very well, for
example. Again, we would need good argumentation and facts on where
Parole fails for a majority of our users to even consider a switch to
begin with. That said, I'm happy that you've found an alternative that
works for you.

Cheers,
Pasi

--