Xubuntu Council nominations are (still) open

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Tue May 15 21:35:11 UTC 2018

On 28.04.2018 22:51, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> Hello team and community!
>
> First of all, congrats for a great release!
>
> With the LTS release, it's also time to begin the process to elect a
> council for the project for the next two years [1]. Here's a cut from
> the Xubuntu Strategy Document, under the council membership section:
>
>     The council consists of 3 members, who are chosen by a CIVS
>     <http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/> vote. All members in the Xubuntu
>     Team <https://launchpad.net/%7Exubuntu-team> and/or direct members
>     of any moderated subteams can be nominated, either by themselves
>     or anybody else in the Xubuntu community with the nominees
>     consent. The same group of people is eligible to vote.
>
> The nomination phase starts now. Please announce all nominations on
> this mailing list before Monday, May 14th, 2018. (This leaves two
> weeks for the nomination phase.) If you are about to nominate somebody
> else, please ask for their consent BEFORE sending a mail to this list.
>
> Once the nomination phase is over, we will proceed to the voting phase
> (in case we have more than three nominees).
>
> In case of any questions regarding the council election process, feel
> free to contact me either on this mailing list, directly via email or IRC.
>
> Cheers,
> Pasi
>
> [1] https://docs.xubuntu.org/contributors/xsd.html#xsd-community-council
> --
> Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                   ›https://open.knome.fi/
> Xubuntu Website Lead & Council Member    ›https://xubuntu.org/
> Xfce contributor                         ›https://xfce.org/
> Shimmer Project co-founder               ›https://shimmerproject.org/

Hello team and community!

Since we only had two nominations, the team decided to extend the
nomination time by another week in order to attract at least one more
nominee...

All additional nominations need to be announced before Thursday, May
24th, 2018 on this mailing list. (All other rules can be found above.)

Cheers,
Pasi