About Mirroring Xubuntu Project

Brivaldo Junior condector at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 13:19:50 UTC 2018

Hi there,

   I chat with some of you on IRC about create a mirror of Xubuntu Project
on Brazil (we have a lot of users here, but not has a local mirror yet).

   I also provide space and bandwidth to some other free softwares like
CentOS and LibreOffice too. The main question here is how I could do that
to help Xubuntu project?

   When I start to host CentOS, I read their wiki and follow this steps:

1 - Do the first rsync (and the frequency to do that - two times per day)
2 - Inform on a specific e-mail the domain name, the bandwidth and the
server capabilities (http, rsync, ftp, etc)
3 - Start to be used as a mirror.

   The motivation is help this project as we help others. We use Linux here
on our faculty laboratories, and this is our way to retribute.

   The steps that I followed that time:

      * https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors

Best regards,
--