New Ubuntu community hub and Xubuntu

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Wed Oct 4 19:59:57 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-04 14:09, flocculant wrote:
> On 04/10/17 11:41, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
>> Hello people (CC: Alan Pope),
>>
>> a new Ubuntu community hub [1] has been launched [2]. Flavors are not
>> listed (yet), but after a quick talk with Alan, he promised us we
>> could get involved pretty much any way we want, as long as allowed by
>> the software – Discourse.
>>
>> My gut feeling was that flavors – or at least we – would likely want
>> a separate category (possibly one main category for flavors, then a
>> subcategory for each opt-in flavor) rather than sending our stuff to
>> the generic categories.
>>
>> My questions for you are:
>> – Where would you like to see Xubuntu appear in the community hub, if
>> anywhere?
>> – What kind of content do you think we should be submitting there?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Pasi
>>
>> [1] https://community.ubuntu.com/
>> [2] https://popey.com/blog/posts/new-ubuntu-community-hub-launched.html
>>
> I'd guess that if we bothered then we should discuss with the other
> flavours what the general 'flavour' consensus is outside of Ubuntu. If
> there were categories for each I suspect that 'Ubuntu' won't like as
> it would be too cluttered ...
>
> As far as what content - can't really see the point given we've got
> x.org/google/fb/twitter - what would 'you' envisage being here and not
> in other places?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kev

Personally I'd consider this one more outlet for our testing calls etc.
– or in other words, mostly the same content as other outlets. I was
just wondering if anybody had any new ideas. Ultimately we can then take
those ideas for all of our social media as we see fit.

Cheers,
Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                    › http://open.knome.fi/