Weekly newsletter 19th May 2017

flocculant flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Fri May 19 23:07:27 UTC 2017

Hi Will - some comments/questions inline

On 19/05/17 13:06, Will Cooke wrote:
> = QA =
> Added upgrade tests from Zesty to Artful for Ubuntu and flavours.
> Working on making all these tests pass now so that everyone will have
> a solid and reliable upgrade path.
Does this refer to what was previously at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/376/builds/148044/testcases
for instance?

I assume this also is part of the irc discussion on 20th?
> Work is being done on the installer tests.  This will extend the
> current installer tests to check that not only has the install
> completed successfully but that all desktop environment is working as
> expected, this had previously been covered with manual tests.
Do flavours carry on the discussion here?

Or are you talking about just Ubuntu - while I'd love for some
autotesting of at least one flavour's iso - I wouldn't be partaking of
any breath holding competitions - just want some clarification ;)

If you are talking about flavours too - I wonder if this is one of those
bite too much scenarios?

That said some testing on lightdm for those of us using it would be
welcome - Robert (Ancell) will know what I mean there.

kind regards

Kev