[TEAM] Modifying the minimum required RAM

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 00:49:39 UTC 2017

Do Canonical developers routinely benchmark xubuntu (and other flavors)
against a Windows or Mac OSX version?  In other words, should the
recommended xubuntu RAM size be sufficient to run programs at a speed
similar to the memory-hungry programs on a Windows or Mac box (Office,
Internet Exploder, etc.)?  For xubuntu, I'm thinking of the Firefox,
Thunderbird, and LibreOffice triad in particular.  As flocculant wrote,
1024 MB should be the very minimum.  I would say 2048 MB should be the
minimum, but that would place xubuntu out of the reach of many computer
users globally.

Jordan