The Xubuntu Council IRC channel

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Mon Jan 23 20:29:48 UTC 2017

Hello people,

the recently announced [1] Xubuntu Council [2] has set up an IRC channel
#xubuntu-councilfor council-related communication.

The channel serves two purposes:
1) A real-time, quick access place for the discussions the council
wishes or deems best to kept private. The reasons for keeping
discussions private can include anything from personal privacy issues to
sensitive issues at hand – and beyond.
2) A place where Xubuntu community members can easily reach the council
and resolve anything that requires input or decision making from the
council.

While the channel is open for anybody to join, we would like to notice
that the channel has a "no idling" policy, unless a council member
specifically asks you to join and stay on the channel while discussing
or resolving an issue.

It should go without saying, but we want to emphasize that we hope that
this channel stays at a minimal traffic level – most of the discussion
the council has will be public.

On behalf of the council,
Pasi

[1] http://xubuntu.org/news/introducing-xubuntu-council/