Proxy in xfce

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Wed Jan 4 19:25:44 UTC 2017

On 27/12/16 00:42, kamyab sotude wrote:
> Hi
> Iam new in xfce desktop,before i use gnome, kde an unity but now i try
> xfce
> I was wundering why there is no gui for proxy to set socks or https in
> xfce its so bad
> Why ?
> Thanks

Hello,

I don't use proxies, so I don't know if there isn't a tool. However, if
that is the case, then I guess the team hasn't thought it's required –
and to be honest, you are the first one to ask one.

If you want to make Xubuntu better for those who need a GUI to set up a
proxy, please propose something – like which GUI you would prefer and
for what reasons – and start a discussion. (Telling our volunteers the
current situation is "so bad" isn't a helpful attitude, and likely won't
yield the results you are looking for).

Waiting for your proposal and contribution to the project!

Cheers,
Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                    › http://open.knome.fi/