software updater

foss.freedom foss.freedom at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 11:52:37 UTC 2016

Florian,

  I had a separate chat with Rob (Rob is testing budgie-remix 16.10
and also the other official community distros) about this matter -
according to rob "software updater (...really update-manager) has been
broken for some time, both on ubuntu and ubuntu gnome 16.10."

So I would infer xubuntu 16.10 is 'affected'.  Suggest the real fix
should be for update-manager to have a dependency on gir1.2-unity-5.0
- at the moment it is a "suggests"

"update-manager
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/update-manager", line 38, in <module>
from UpdateManager.UpdateManager import UpdateManager
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UpdateManager/UpdateManager.py",
line 49, in <module>
from .UnitySupport import UnitySupport
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UpdateManager/UnitySupport.py",
line 30, in <module>
gi.require_version('Dbusmenu', '0.4')
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/init.py", line 118, in require_version
raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available' % namespace)
ValueError: Namespace Dbusmenu not available"

David