Mirror List Changes

Stephen Kellat alpacaherder at live.com
Wed Nov 23 23:10:11 UTC 2016

> On Nov 23, 2016, at 17:23, flocculant <flocculant at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Following a mail to the list from a user, we checked the current mirror list.
>
> 3 were found to 404 and 1 only offered EOL releases, these have now been removed from the list.
>
> Mirrors giving 404 were:
>
> http://ubuntu.mirrors.pair.com/cd/xubuntu
> http://ubuntu.mirrors.tds.net/pub/cdimage/xubuntu/
> http://ftp.utexas.edu/ubuntu-iso/CDs-Xubuntu/
>
> Mirror only offering EOL releases was:
> http://contrib-test-vip.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/ubuntu-iso/CDs-Xubuntu/
>
> regards
> Kev
>
> Details of removed mirrors:
>
> Pair Networks:
> http://ubuntu.mirrors.pair.com/cd/xubuntu/
> ftp://ubuntu.mirrors.pair.com/cd/xubuntu/
>
> TDS Internet Services:
> http://ubuntu.mirrors.tds.net/pub/cdimage/xubuntu/
>
> The University of Texas at Austin:
> http://ftp.utexas.edu/ubuntu-iso/CDs-Xubuntu/
> ftp://ftp.utexas.edu/pub/ubuntu-iso/CDs-Xubuntu/
>
> Carnegie Mellon Computer Club
> http://contrib-test-vip.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/ubuntu-iso/CDs-Xubuntu/
>
> Attached spreadsheet showing speeds attained from all Xubuntu mirrors for ~500Mb of the iso.
>

> <mirrors.ods>

Will there be a possibility for creating a future mechanism to regularize creating & maintaining a mirror set?  I understand that torrent is preferred but having a backup is useful.  The incoming CEO's policies at work are still too ill-defined for me to say comfortably what my 'net access will look like by 17.04.

Stephen Michael Kellat