Suggestion: Replace Evince with Atril

Thanos Apostolou thanosapostolou at
Fri Nov 11 11:02:31 UTC 2016

I would like to make  a suggestion for Xubuntu 17.04 (and the next
releases). I don't know if this mailing list is the right way to do it.
Please consider to include Atril by default instead of Evince for the
future releases. Pros of Atril:

1) I believe it's lighter (even with its gtk3 build) though I haven't
done any specific tests to support this opinion.
2) It has more traditional look, which feels better for distributions
like lubuntu, xubuntu, ubuntu mate.
3) The linux mint group created Xreader (part of the X-Apps) based on
Atril and not Evince (it has to mean something that they prefer atril).
4) Finally (and most important), Atril supports epub files (evince doesn't)!