yakkety: totally fab, conky: eh ...

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 10:44:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

No worries -- not an omg problem, but rather request for brainstorming.

Yakkety development runs wonderfully on my ancient core2 laptop. Nothing
major to report [yet].  I don't use wine or similarly complicated and
resource hungry programming, so there may be some issues with emulations
etc.  Kudos to all developers who are definitely on the right track with
yak.

sorta problem: I have conky set up in my /etc/xdg/autostart queue. It
starts at xfce4 bootup, but often quits unexpectedly.  This has been an
issue from xenial, so it's been found in release versions also. conky's
startup instability baffles me.  Why would a very-low-resource script
frequently fail?  Honestly, I am thinking of removing conky from my
autostart queue.  It's rather long in the tooth, and the essential
system info can be got from even xfce4-taskmanager.  Still, has anyone
noticed a knock-on effect from a finicky conky?

Thanks,
Jordan