Xfce Power Manager

flocculant at gmx.co.uk flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jan 26 20:09:54 UTC 2016

We have a new version of the power manager available at one of the team
dev ppa's [1]

We're particularly interested in people with laptops trying it out,
people charging phones and other peripherals - even more so people
who've had issues with xfpm.

If you've not got that ppa installed

sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xubuntu-dev/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xfce4-power-manager

There are newer packages of mousepad, parole, xfce4-settings and
xubuntu-default-settings, if you want to try all of those out then
rather than apt-get install xfce4-power-manager use

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

That will upgrade all of those packages for you, if you want further
information on the dev ppa's we use for testing, check out the
contributor docs [2]

Try it out, if you want to revert to default packages run

sudo ppa-purge ppa:xubuntu-dev/ppa

regards

[1]
https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-dev/+archive/ubuntu/ppa?field.series_filter=xenial