no checksums signatures on the dowloads page

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 16 23:07:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 4:47 AM, Robert Balejík <r.balejik at gmail.com> wrote:
> why there are no checksums or signatures on the downloads page? I want to
> verify integrity of the image like pretty anything I install.

Since these values change when a new ISO is released, we've
historically depended upon the respective mirrors to ship an MD5SUMS
file along with their download list. Is there one in particular that
is not doing this, or are you looking for a better source location for
the definitive checksum?

It is possible for us to update our policy here, but it does mean
additional burden on the team (we have a LOT to update each time
there's a new ISO already) so I'd like to know that it's worth doing.