Article series: Ask Us Anything

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Mon Aug 29 00:10:09 UTC 2016

Hello,

during a marketing sprint with Lyz today, we discussed a potential new
kinf of article series for the website – one that would both keep the
content flowing and add a bit of "human" to the mix.

I'm sure many of you know the Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) threads. If
not, they are threads where the public (eg. anybody) can send their
questions and at a specified time, a celebrity (in the most various
meanings of the word) answers (some of) the questions sent.

Our idea is to set up something similar, but instead of putting one of
us to the spotlight, the team would be answering the questions as they
best see fit – eg. artwork people should likely answer artwork-related
questions etc. Along with questions sent specifically for this purpose,
we could peruse the many questions asked on the IRC channels (and more).
This way we would likely be able to gather enough questions for a nice
article once a month or two.

It would be also completely fine to accept and answer silly questions
like "Pie or cake?" This would bring the "human" side of the team up
even more. (Silly answers like "Smoothie" would also be accepted.)

Team members, what do you feel about something like this?

Other lurkers, would you be interested/excited to send questions and
read articles like this?

Cheers,
Pasi

--