15.10 Blueprints and Status

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Thu May 28 22:01:12 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

just a quick heads up: we've (finally – sorry for the delay) set up the blueprints [0] for Wily and you can check the status of our ongoing work this cycle on status.ubuntu.com [1].

We're still adding workitems at the moment – if anybody from the community wants to take over a workitem from a blueprint or suggest (and carry out!) a workitem, please feel free to bring it up either here or on irc (#xubuntu-devel on freenode). Even if workitems or projects are good ideas, they usually don't finalise themselves, so we definitely need all the help we can get! Check all the areas for contribution linked to in the umbrella blueprint and get involved in QA, Docs, Artwork etc.!

So let's get our engines started and work towards an awesome 15.10 release, laying the groundwork for the subsequent LTS release to be even more amazing than our beloved 14.04!

Cheers
Simon

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/topic-w-flavor-xubuntu
[1] http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-w/group/topic-w-flavor-xubuntu.html