TEAM: Wily Werewolf Package Testing

elfy elfy at gmx.co.uk
Mon May 25 12:11:14 UTC 2015

On 25/05/15 02:33, Istimsak Abdulbasir wrote:

> [snip]
> That should be mandatory to use the developing image like a production
> system. After all, the only way to really test it is to use.

Some do, and can. Other's are not able to run a dev system this early.

> Also, the current testcases we have for packages and iso are the same.
> They need to change or be upgrade with new procedures. We can test the
> packages over and over only to confirm what worked during the last
> development cycle.

What's different about iso's this cycle?

> Every cycle should have new upgraded testcases. Rather testing basic
> functionality, the testcases should really push the system. The
> objective should be to try and break the system then fix it.

Right.

And how do you think we can do that. If people don't run a 5 minute test
what makes you think they would do more?

The whole point of this thread is that there is next to no package
testing done and thus the work that 2 or 3 people do /every /cycle is
wasted.