TEAM: Wily Werewolf Package Testing

Istimsak Abdulbasir saqman2060 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 01:33:57 UTC 2015

On May 24, 2015 12:26 PM, "elfy" <elfy at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> Well.
>
> More testing is (assuming the same footfall as Vivid) just the same few
people looking at the same thing more.

> Not particularly useful - what we need is more people ;)
>
> That said - the package tracker tends towards static testing - when we
did get test results they showed up after I'd said something like 'go forth
and test this please'

> What is more useful is that you,me and everybody, use the new OS when we
can - check things out as you go, then report bugs via Launchpad - if they
get tagged wily - we can then grab them easier.

> However I am willing to be convinced otherwise ...

That should be mandatory to use the developing image like a production
system. After all, the only way to really test it is to use.

Also, the current testcases we have for packages and iso are the same. They
need to change or be upgrade with new procedures. We can test the packages
over and over only to confirm what worked during the last development
cycle.

Every cycle should have new upgraded testcases. Rather testing basic
functionality, the testcases should really push the system. The objective
should be to try and break the system then fix it.

and available and the general lack of testing being reported to the tracker
for the last 2 cycles.

and just thinking we should isn't likely to change my mind ;)

targetted app testing when it's required and requested by our devs.