Hello Xubuntu developers

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Thu May 21 23:17:50 UTC 2015

On Thu, 21 May 2015 14:24:52 -0400
Istimsak Abdulbasir <saqman2060 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I had a look at the bug tracker launchpad for Xubuntu. This is a
> good list to get an idea of what applications are specific to Xubuntu. If I
> wanted to request new features or programs to be included in Xubuntu, do I
> request them hear or on ubuntu-devel-discuss at list.Ubuntu.com?

Hi, and as Pasi already said, thanks for contributing to Xubuntu!

We generally try to track new features in upstream bug trackers (e.g. if Xfce-related, that would be bugs.xfce.org). Whenever we discuss new applications to be included in Xubuntu by default, we have discussions as a team, in this mailing list and/or in the (regular) community meetings. Feel free to participate in the meetings (next one being on May 28, as announced on this list) to get a better feeling for what happens there and generally join us in #xubuntu-devel on freenode, since IRC is our main channel of communication for development matters.

Cheers and thanks again for your interest in furthering Xubuntu!
Simon