[TEAM] Reviewing the "Seeds & Composition" section on the Strategy Document

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Mon Mar 16 14:55:15 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-16 16:32, Jack Fromm wrote:

> On 03/16/2015 09:38 AM, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
>> Hello team,
>>
>> it's time to review and discuss the last section on the Xubuntu Strategy
>> Document that hasn't been updated during the "modern" Xubuntu times;
>> Seeds & Composition.
>>
>> I've attached both the current and the new, proposed version to this
>> message.
>>
>> The proposed version has been mostly drafted with Unit193 and has
>> briefly gone through Sean and Simon.
>>
>> Time to discuss.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Pasi
>>
> <<The package should not pull in heavy libraries, especially if they
> will run and/or start frequently>>
>
> If starting frequently refers to the package and not the libraries, it
> should read, "if it will run...".

In this case we are mostly referring to the libraries. The resource
consumption of the package/application itself is a slightly different
thing (and covered in the list above – not that it's a very useful
metric since it has little do to with reality, since the required
libraries need to be ran anyway).

Cheers,
Pasi

--