Third call for translators - Packages sed by and essential for Xubuntu

David Pires slickymaster at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 4 10:46:38 UTC 2015

Hi everyone, it's that time again.

With the upcoming Documentation String Freeze [1] upon us, we are now
entering the last stretch of the Vivid Vervet cycle and it's important to
make one last effort.

Our focus this time are the packages that are used by Xubuntu and provide
essential features to the Xubuntu experience [2]. With the translation of
these packages, we'll manage to make the base system immediately more
usable for more people.:

   - *https://translations.launchpad.net/catfish-search
   <https://translations.launchpad.net/catfish-search>*
   - *https://translations.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings/
   <https://translations.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings/>*
   - *https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin/
   <https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin/>*

If you've never contributed a translation before and your native language
is not English but you have really good English skills and are comfortable
using software in English, you can make a huge contribution by helping to
translate the Xubuntu applications into your native language.

Before you start translating, and besides recommending everyone to join the
Ubuntu-translators mailing list [3] to keep up with notifications about
important translation template updates and to stay in touch with other
Ubuntu translators, *we strongly ask you to have a thorough read of the
Xubuntu Translation Guidelines [4] wiki page*, which outlines our
guidelines and conventions.

Cheers,
David Pires (slickymaster)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster