Xubuntu Derivative Guidelines published

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Fri Jul 24 10:00:13 UTC 2015

Hey Kiyotaka!

Themes like Greybird and Albatross aren't part of the Xubuntu branding.
That said, we should likely make it completely clear in the guidelines
that dependencies for the xubuntu-* packages aren't something
derivatives need to remove - unless explicitly mentioned.

So to answer the question: You can still keep on using them, simply pull
in greybird-gtk-theme and albatross-gtk-theme (for 14.10 and later) or
shimmer-themes (for 14.04 and older - or for all the shimmer themes in
14.10 and later).

Thanks for the good question :)

Cheers,
Pasi