Installed Games

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 29 12:48:51 UTC 2015

On 29/01/15 09:59, PK wrote:
> @Elfy: Why do you consider these games as mere "clutter"? They offer
> simple amusement to many, which I find as important as, say, having
> multiple desktop wallpapers to choose from. Or having multiple themes.

Because one person's "Must have this or the world will end"
application/game is someone else's "Why is this even here?"

Rather than pick on one aspect of my post - comment on the whole.

This mail to the list is about

    removing games that are currently installed by default

It's not about

    we have these by default - what would people prefer to see

    thanks

> The installation packages of most of these games take even less space
> on the iso, than an average wallpaper.....
>
> For instance: in Xubuntu 14.04, the installation package of AisleRiot
> Solitaire is only half a megabyte: 585 kB, to be exact. And the
> installation package of Minesweeper (gnome-mines) is only one third of
> a megabyte: 298 kB.
>
> What problem does removing them solve? :-)

Who said there's a problem?

The subject came up in a meeting - there were only 2 or 3 people there
so it got taken here for more discussion.