Discussion: GIMP in the default seed

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Wed Jan 28 22:29:17 UTC 2015

Since we are discussing about other choices in the default seed already,
it feels like the perfect time to bring yet another discussion to the table:

Do we want to keep shipping GIMP?

For some background, the team has discussed the issue [1] and gone
through various simpler alternatives [2] for GIMP a few times* in the
past, but no suitable candidate was found.

Do we think there is a suitable, light and easy-to-use alternative for
GIMP now? Should we simply drop GIMP altogether and not replace it?

Discuss.

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2011-July/007864.html
[2]
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Roadmap/Specifications/Oneiric/DefaultImageEditor
* Most of this isn't archived in an easy-to-access way

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                » http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of Shimmer Project             » http://shimmerproject.org/